Can you guess who said the following about education Donald Trump: President of the United States, or one of the Simpsons?
- “We’re twenty-sixth in the world. Twenty-five countries are better than us at education. And some of them are like third world countries. But we’re becoming a third world country.” – Answer
- “No, I’m not cutting services, but I’m cutting spending. But I may cut Department of Education.” – Answer
- “How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some of the old stuff out of my brain.” – Answer
- “People can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. 14% of people know that.” – Answer
- “Comprehensive education dissolves the lines between knowing too much and knowing too little on a variety of subjects—subjects that are necessary for success”- Answer
- “All my life I’ve had one dream, to achieve my many goals. – Answer
- “Ah, the college roadtrip. What better way to spread beer-fueled mayhem?” – Answer
- “Schools are crime-ridden and they don’t teach.” – Answer
- “How can a kid hope to build an American Dream when he hasn’t been taught how to spell the word dream”- Answer
- “Books are useless! I only ever read one book, “To Kill a Mockingbird,” and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds!” – Answer
- “My IQ is one of the highest — and you all know it! Please don’t feel so stupid or insecure; it’s not your fault.” – Answer
- “I love producing children. It’s fun! I don’t like taking care of children, but I love producing children” – Answer
- “Now go on, boy, and pay attention. Because if you do, someday, you may achieve something that we… have dreamed about for generations” – Answer
How did you get on? Here is another lighthearted education post.